Yesterday I was herding the boys out the door and had succeeded in getting Michael all buckled into the car (safely parked in the closed garage - don't freak out). I went back to the door where Tommy would normally be waiting his turn, but he wasn't there. I discovered him standing on the couch, holding the glass of grape juice. My heart was instantly racing and a loud, strange shriek escaped my throat that I can't say I've ever heard before as I lunged to grab the glass. To my dismay, I was not quick enough. The little toad actually grinned at me as he dumped the entire glass of juice all over my couch. I almost cried. Grape juice, the atomic bomb of stains, was covering my couch. Surprisingly, Tommy did not get a single drop on himself or his clothing. The floor also seemed to have escaped the catastrophe. At the time, these miracles did nothing to soothe my hysteria. Since Michael was already loaded in the car, I didn't have a lot of time to spend on the disaster recovery, so I dabbed up as much as I could and out the door I went. I fully expected to come home to a ruined couch.
Funny thing about grape juice - it is nearly invisible on a blue backdrop. When I got home last night, I could barely even tell where the juice had been spilled. With a little scrubbing - it was gone!
Kamaki was very pleased by the outcome as well. He would have hated to sleep on a stained couch. :)



3 comments:
you are great! I love your story telling:) don't you just love little devious children?:)
I love your boys! And you crack me up! Also, it's nice to know that Andrew isn't the only one who leaves drinks sitting where little hands can find them. :) Could you not stop your panic long enough to grab a picture of that?? ;) It would be great to see Tommy's proud face...
LOL Kamaki's lucky day! We have 2 coffee stains on our white carpet from large cups of coffee being left on end tables or on the floor...and I drink tea ;-) Layla is a dumper tho, gotta watch that one!
Post a Comment