Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Fresh Start

My sister clued me into this blog yesterday, and while I initially resisted, I've decided to give it a try. Basically, it's a project a day type of thing that promises to provide you with a clean, organized, clutter free home by the holidays.
My home is in desperate need of this, but I wasn't sure how I was going to manage the epic tasks, even broken down by day as they are, while dealing with all the facets of my busy life right now. Then I had some sense knocked into me and decided to commit to doing this, and just take it at my own pace. You can take on as much or as little as you'd like, but I bet even if you just did the bare bones minimum each day, you would end up with a more peaceful home.
I'm happy to report that last night I completed step one (my version of step one anyway) by taking down and packing up all of the Halloween decorations. The boys are very disappointed, but they will just have to deal with it.
Tonight, I have great ambitions of tackling the kitchen (obviously, I'm a couple days behind, but I'll get there!).
So - feel free to join me if you'd like - I've added a button on my blog that will link you to the site.
Happy organizing

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Whoot, Whoot! Watch us go!

teamkyte said...

My kitchen cabinets were a mess but they are almost done - I still have the top of the fridge...I am afraid