First, we carved pumpkins the night before. The boys weren't too sure about the "guts" at first, but by the end of the night, they were up to their armpits in pumpkins helping us hollow them out.
Tommy kept trying to eat the pumpkin pieces and Michael would take them away yelling "Icky!". They would help us for a minute, then run around squealing "Punkin! Punkin!", then back to helping.
(Yes, that's plastic on the floor. I may be a freak, but it allowed me to let everyone run amuck and enjoy themselves without me fretting over the giant mess)
Then it was the big night. Their costumes were dragons, and they hated them. I mean, really hated them. I'm not sure why because they love dragons and dinosaurs and all things that "ROAR!" so this threw me for a loop. We finally resulted to bribing them with candy to get their costumes on. No amount of bribing would allow us to put the headpieces on though. Michael was miserable, but he managed it fairly well.
Tommy, well... I thought poor Tommy was going to pass out from hysterics.
No problem - they still looked like dragons without the headpieces and we were off to the church's Trunk or Treat!
We had a little scare over strange people reaching out to put things in their beloved pumpkin buckets, but once the boys realized people were giving them candy, all atrocities were forgotten and they finally started to have some fun.
They went all the way around like troopers, then sat contentedly in the back of the van, digging through their treasures, while Mommy finished handing out candy.
After one more quick stop to terrorize Tutu Man and Tutu Mom, we headed home with some very exhausted boys. All in all, it was a great success - I hope next year is even better!


4 comments:
Look at Kamaki, sitting in the back of his hoopty pimp ride! I love it!
Your dragons are ADORABLE! I love 'em! Keep those out for dress up all year, and just about the time they grow out of them, they will refuse to take them off. :)
Like the plastic idea. I need some to cover my entire house and then just wrap up the mess once a day and take it to the trash!
Cutest dragons I ever did see!!!! Kamaki looks like he is going to keep that bucket of candy!
I don't know why they wouldn't wear their head pieces. They are so cute!
the cutest little dragons I've ever seen!
Post a Comment