Thursday, February 3, 2011

Creepy Crawler



Baby Girl is now ten months old. Life has been a little crazy lately (when isn’t it?) and I completely missed her nine month mark – so this is a twofer!

Juliana started crawling at right about 9 months and honestly – it creeps me out to watch her. It’s just not a normal crawl. Have you ever seen one of those scary movies where the villain is sort of pulling themselves in a weird, twisted, limpy way toward their victim? That is what her crawl reminds me of. Awful right? But I can’t help myself. I tried to get a good video of her technique, but the creep factor doesn’t quite come across on film. Nonetheless, our sweet little girl crawling like a boogieman:



She began pulling herself up and standing shortly after crawling, and is now creeping along the furniture like a pro. I sure am using the word “creep” a lot on this post! Forgive me sweetheart, someday you will understand! Just in the past couple of days, she has started attempting to stand without holding onto anything. She makes it about a millisecond before plopping onto her bottom and trying again, so I’m sure it won’t be long before she has that down and tries her hand at walking. If the boys aren’t terrified for their toys now, they surely will be then!





Her appetite over the past two months has grown exponentially. It’s incredible how much this girl can pack away. She loves her cheerios, graham crackers, cheese, veggies, fruits, waffles, and of course – is still sucking down several large bottles a day.



We’ve always known that Juliana loved music, and she has recently developed a fondness for the Lawrence Welk Show. My Grandparents would be so proud! In an effort to broaden her horizons from the “classic” fare of Lawrence Welk and her show tunes obsession from “Glee”, I have started singing all kinds of music to her. From pop to classical, nursery rhymes to classic rock and I have to say, she is enjoying every bit of it. She claps right along with me, squeals with delight and will often contribute her own “oooohhh, aaaahhhh” to the melody. She’s a natural.

Our dog Ruby has become one of her favorite things in the world. And now that Juliana is mobile, poor Ruby never has a moment’s peace. But she is such a good girl, that she takes all that tough love and never complains a bit.



We’ve also discovered her love of accessorizing. Thanks to some wonderful friends, Baby J has more bows and headbands than I’ve ever seen in one place – and she loves them all. The bows, the shoes, the hats, the headbands, the tights – she actually preens when she is all dolled up! Girly to the core.



Michael and Tommy are the other objects of her obsession. She cannot get enough of her brothers. She adores them. And the boys are starting to realize that what was previously a noisy lump of pink jammies is quickly becoming a playmate.



They like to crawl around the house with her, tickle her, and teach her how to make animal noises. So far, only the growl has taken hold. Last night I realized that they were inadvertently teaching her something else. I watched as she crawled over to one of the boys’ Batman action figures. She picked it up and lifted it into the air above her head, waving it back and forth, then she hurtled it to the ground and began smashing him repeatedly into the Hulk.

Apparently, she is going to be the best accessorized Tom Boy ever. I'm cool with that.

4 comments:

Jennifer Uribe said...

That is one seriously adorable baby girl! I can't believe she is already 10 months old. I remember when you were pregnant like it was yesterday.

Bethany said...

I love all the pictures! She's so pretty. My fave is the picture in the green dress - so cute!!!

Katie said...

What a fun, beautiful girl! She needs to teach Brooklyn how to cruise around...she refuses!

Erin said...

I love all the pictures too! Maybe I'm a weirdo, but for me the worst part of the crawling video is thinking,"doesn't that hurt her hip?!" Yeah, I'm definitely a weirdo. The pic with her brothers is so sweet!