Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The First Birthday Luau!


Okay, so I'm a bit late in getting to this - the party was October 11th - but I hope you will excuse my tardiness. I can only plead not guilty, by reason of Twinsanity! The party was a huge success and I am thrilled to have wonderful memories of it. Memories, but no more work!
The Luau was held at the Clark County Saddle Club and as far as I can tell, was attended by about 130 friends and family members. We are so blessed to be surrounded by so many loved ones! We had people traveling from all over Washington, Oregon, Utah, and California to be there. And there were many more who were unable to make it, but they were there in spirit!
I was very proud of my big boys - they did so well with all of the chaos, commotion, and crowds of well wishers. Tutu Man (Tom Kamahaku) and family serenaded everyone with wonderful Hawaiian music while delicious food that had been prepared by many helpful hands was enjoyed by all. Auntie Lani danced a special Hula for the boys and then taught some of the little girls a hula too - very cute! Both Michael and Tommy devoured the Kalua Pig that their Daddy had worked so hard on all the night before and, to my surprise (and secret dread), they gobbled up an entire cup of Poi! That's right - I said Poi - shocking I know! Dinner was topped off with a special toddler sized banana cake for each of the birthday boys that Mommy made.... and had a little help decorating! I hope everyone had as much fun as we did. It was a wonderful evening and I thank all of you that were able to share it with us - in person, and in spirit.

As I reflect back on this past year, I can't help but think about how grateful I am. I have been truly blessed with an amazing husband, and two very special little boys that bring so much joy to my life. But I am also very rich in family and friends. We have been lifted up by all of your support this year and I know we could not have made it here without all of your help and love.
Here's to another year filled with happy memories!
~~~Mahalo, Me Ke Aloha~~~

No comments: