Kamaki couldn't get off work, so I was flying solo at the pediatrician's office. The logistics of even getting into the office with two toddlers and no stroller was a challenge in itself. To my complete surprise, Michael actually let me hold his hand as we walked. I had to carry Tommy. Once inside the office, the real fun started. Tommy began an epic meltdown - he has his father's temper. Michael sat very still, staring down the nurse and the doctor with a threatening glare. I now understand why health professionals are paid so well - they earned it today! I will spare you the gory details (and spare myself awful flashbacks) - here are some quick stats:
Michael weighs 24 lbs (25th percentile) and is 32" tall (50th percentile)
Tommy weighs 25 lbs (35th percentile) and is 32" tall (50th percentile)
In an attempt to satisfy my curiosity of whether or not the boys are identical, I asked their doctor if they had ever had blood typing done. They have not, but the doc said if he had to wager a guess, he would say they are identical. His reasons being that they look very similar and since day one they
have been almost exactly the same in height/weight. Also the fact that they
develop and hit milestones at almost the same rate is a good indicator. As I heard this unofficial diagnosis, I was secretly doing the happy dance inside. The likelihood of having two sets of identical twins is about 1 in 70,000. My experience with my boys has been amazing and brought me so much joy, but I am also looking forward to having just one little bundle of joy to focus on the next time around. :)


3 comments:
Dream on.
is this an announcment?:) What fun twins are!:)
No, no, no - NO announcement! :)
Post a Comment