Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Smorgasbord!

So, I've missed a few big events in the past week or two. I'm going to smash them all together here to try & catch up! :)
First Haircuts! The boys got their very first hair cuts on April 9th. Cousin Kariann came over and was very skilled at distracting the boys with her squirt gun. It worked just long enough to get through the cuts. It was a sad day for mommy, but when all was said and done, I no longer had babies - I had handsome little boys!

Tommy

Michael (we had to resort to a bottle to get him to hold still)


Easter! The boys had great fun hunting eggs. Well, actually they had great fun cracking open the first egg they found, then sitting down and eating all the jelly beans out of it. They didn't seem to care about the other 30 eggs laying around - at least not until that first egg was empty! We went to church after the egg hunt, then headed out to Tutu Man and Tutu Mom's house for another egg hunt and dinner. After a sugar overload, hours of egg hunting, refusing a nap, and playing with family - they slept very well that night!






And finally, my 30th birthday. I have to admit, I was a little down about it. But Kamaki did an excellent job of making sure I felt special and had a great time. We had family and friends over for cake and ice cream and then Kamaki put together a surprise day for me on Saturday and spoiled me rotten. What can I say - I have an amazing husband! One of those surprises was a trip to the Japanese Gardens in Portland. This is one of my favorite places and it was honestly very therapeutic to walk through the stunning scenery and soak in the peaceful atmosphere. I put together a little slide show of the pictures we took because I couldn't possibly choose just a few. Enjoy!


post signature

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I miss the northwest so much! It's easy to say that when there are pictures of it with no rain though. Kamaki looks great!! Don't tell him I said that. It's so unlike me to say nice things to him, he wouldn't believe you. :) And it's killing me how grown up your boys are. They look so much like you! They are going to be handsome fellers! Great pictures of the Japanese Garden! I think you need to change your FB profile picture and use one of them! Love ya!

Erin said...

Your boys look so cute in their little Easter outfits! We sure miss you guys! And by the way, I think that was really rude of you to remind me that in a couple of months I have to turn 30! Beth told me all the stuff Kamaki did for you though, and it was so sweet. What a nice hubby.

Janice said...

great post and fun photos. the boys are definately growing up! so cute!!!