Last week we were lucky enough to have more family visiting! My youngest sister Kellie, her husband Matt, and their sweet little boy Bryan. Bryan is almost exactly one year younger than our boys and I couldn't believe how much he had changed since the last time I saw him at Thanksgiving. It really is miserable living so far away from loved ones. Our visit was cut short by a surprise chicken pox outbreak at our house, but we did manage to have some fun before that happened. The boys and I met Kellie, Matt, and Bryan at the zoo and had a wonderful time! I discovered on this trip that the key to keeping the boys happy in the stroller is to take a lunch break to let them run around a bit - then bribe them with cookies to get back in the stroller. :) The Three Musketeers headed into the zoo:

Watching Sea Lions swimming:

Pleased to meet you!

Picnic time!

Me, Kellie Sue, and our boys:

Bryan - plum tuckered out!

Kellie, Bryan and I (the boys were quarantined by this point and Kamaki was gracious enough to stay home with them) also drove into Portland to watch the Dragon Boat Races. We hadn't seen these races since we were kids and it was very nostalgic to sit on that same lawn nearly 20 years later!

After a brief outcry of jealousy over Mommy holding Bryan, the boys thoroughly enjoyed their little cousin and kept pointing and saying "BABY!!!" Tommy was actually very sweet and shared his toys for a change! Tommy hangin' with Aunt Kellie and Bryan:

It felt wonderful to be able to hold my adorable nephew and shower his chubby little cheeks with kisses. I wish we'd had more time, but I can't wait to see them again soon!

4 comments:
looks like a nice day! Those boats are cool!
Oh, the zoo and the Dragon boat Races... such good times. I am really jealous. Glad you all had a good time!
how fun! chicken pox already? did they both get it so you've got it all over with?:)
Yep - they both got it. And it's a pretty light case, so we're pretty lucky!
Post a Comment