We've had a rash of less than desirable events over the past week or two - ER trips, high fevers, the flu, scorching weather, etc. I could feel myself slipping into a mire of self pity and I didn't like the feeling. Despite all the tough breaks, I know that I am really very blessed. So I decided that instead of a pity party, I would focus on the things that are wonderful in my life. Here are just a few:
This guy:

Kamaki is a fantastic father and husband. He does so much to help around the house without me even asking, and the boys absolutely adore him. He keeps our house in good repair and our yard looking beautiful. He goes on endless outings with us when I know that he would much rather be relaxing at home, and he usually does it without complaining! He is my partner and my best friend.
My bruisers:
Even though they may hit, bite, and push each other repeatedly throughout the day, they also have moments when they play very nicely together!
My sweet girl:
I know, she's a dog, but Ruby was our first "baby" and she has become a true part of our family. Every morning, one of the first things the boys say is "Ruby? Ruby?" and they don't stop until their "woof-woof" greats them with a kiss. She is loyal, gentle, and she will be turning three years old next week!
Balloons:
Oh, the simple joy that a balloon can bring to a small child... and a dog! My poor kiddos had been sick for a couple of days with high fevers and feeling downright miserable. Enter, the balloons. Anything that can make a sick child giggle like this, is a huge blessing in my book!

2 comments:
Love the videos! You do have lots to be thankful for, huh? Hope we get to see you soon!
Yay! Doesn't it help you feel a little bit better to think about your blessings? (Those are some awesome blessings)
I hate when my mom is right!
Post a Comment