Michael and Tommy were in heaven with all these other boys to play with, and as a result - I was too. Seriously, the boys were so entertained by their cousins that they didn't follow me around the house and whine to be picked up for two days straight. Bethany and I cooked dinner one night in complete solitude and peace. Amazing!
We really lucked out with the weather when we headed to the coast. It was a gorgeous 75 degree day, with not a cloud in the sky. We all enjoyed a lunch of clam chowder and halibut fish and chips at Mo's (a family favorite) then headed out to play in the sand. It was actually warm enough that we decided to venture into the water. Bethany's boys were fearless - mine, not so much. Michael wanted nothing to do with the crashing water, and after one wave, Tommy was content to be held - as long as I was in the water holding him. He liked it, he just didn't want to get wet!
Beautiful Cannon Beach:
The "Big Boys" Ethan and Cameron:
Lots of boys!
The chunk-meister Trent:
Michael carried this football around ALL afternoon:
The boys loved their Uncle Andrew! (They loved Aunt Bethany too... after she shared her leftover Ben and Jerry's!)
Bethany's "Fun With Kelp"
Ethan wasn't having as much fun...
Drew - the sandman!
All the guys!
After a BBQ back at the house, all the kids went to bed and all the adults got to relax with some Ben and Jerry's ice-cream (my current drug of choice). And the next day we headed to the zoo. Kamaki wasn't able to go with us, so I was on my own with Michael and Thomas. Michael was a champ. Tommy tested my nerves the whole day (thus, the lack of pictures), but we still had fun!
Monkeys watching Monkeys:
Drew, Michael, and Trent on a snack break:
I miss my sister and her family so much already and I wish ALL of my family lived closer, but I guess I'll have to settle for these great visits. For now!


2 comments:
Looks like a great visit!!! That is a lot of boys!!!
Ahhh... We need to come back. It was fun, wasn't it? How do we survive with so much testosterone around? I admire us. ;)
Post a Comment