Friday, September 11, 2009

Oopsie!

As of late, Michael has been a little parrot - repeating everything we say. See where this post is going?

Normally, I am very much in control of foul language. Now do you see where it's going?

A couple of days ago, I was attempting to assemble Ruby's massive contraption of a kennel. She had snagged some food off the kitchen counter while we were out (again!) and I'd had enough. I was going to show her who was boss and banish her to her kennel every time we left the house from that point on. In a huff, I dragged the 80 pound metal monstrosity out into the family room and began trying to undo the 15,000 clasps holding it in it's "compact" 4 foot storage size. The boys were very intrigued by all of the action and were hovering right by my side as I struggled in vain to accomplish my task.

After several minutes and zero progress, I finally managed to get one clasp unhooked. Unfortunately, it took half of my fingernail with it. Before I could stop myself, "Sh**!" escaped my lips.

And Michael, right on cue, shouted "SH**!!!"

Sigh. Another glorious triumph for the Mother of the Year. Needless to say, I will be watching myself very, very carefully from here on out.

post signature

5 comments:

Erin said...

That's always the worst!! It's funny how even our most innocent-sounding "Sentence Enhancers" sound out of the mouth of babes. Have you ever heard a three-year old use "freaking" in a sentence? It suddenly sounds very dirty. Why don't they ever latch onto the innocuous words we say, like noodles, or jump?!

Jennifer Uribe said...

Heeeheeee!
The other day, I told Ed he was in trouble. From the back seat I heard:

"Oh, no! Papa trouble!"

Eek!

teamkyte said...

Can you hear me laughing???? That is some funny SH@#!!! ;-)

Autumn said...

Ha ha!! Thats too funny! At least it wasn't out in public. I spoke out loud and clear to my mom in the food store and pointed to the very obese man and said that man is having a baby! this was when I was 2 or 3 year old....I know my moms waiting for payback with my boys...

Mama Snyder said...

soooo funny - Evevlyn still catchrs me on thqt from time to time, it;s humbling