Saturday, November 28, 2009

Giving Thanks

I have much to be thankful for this year, as always. I couldn't let the month end without listing a few of those things here.

~My husband, Kamaki. He is my best friend and my rock. He makes me laugh, and can quiet my tears. He is the strong, humble, gentle, firm, and loving head of our family and I could not live without him.

~The awesome privilege of being the mother of twins. And for all of the trials and triumphs that go along with it.

~My family. I am rich in family. I am surrounded with support and unconditional love.

~Michael. He makes me laugh every day. Usually many, many times a day.

~Thomas. He gives the best hugs and kisses, and Eskimo kisses, which I think are my favorite.

~The gospel of Jesus Christ. Without His word and His redeeming sacrifice, I would be lost.

~The freedom and richness of our country.

~The beauty of the Pacific Northwest. It is not unusual for me to get completely caught up and carried away in the beauty that surrounds me on a daily basis, as I drive around, or go for a walk.

~The marvels of modern medicine. It has saved me and my family countless times, and it has allowed us to know that we are having a little GIRL next spring!


There are so many more that I could be here for hours listing them all. But I think I would rather go spend some more time with a few of these "blessings".

3 comments:

teamkyte said...

Beautiful post Nat!

Bethany said...

We love you all so much and wish we could have spent Thanksgiving with you. But Christmas is coming FAST!! We're so excited for a niece! Are you still in shock? Mom is. Not me though. I knew another boy would just be too weird. :)
And I like your new background. Very pretty.
See you soon!!

Erin said...

A girl?! How the heck did you pull that one off? I had begun to think it was a near-impossibility for this family. So excited for you guys! Please don't name her Lola (my crazy SIL's idea of a great girl name - luckily, she had a boy).