This year I decided to go crazy and let the boys help me decorate sugar cookies. I am very much an OCD type person when it comes to things like baking and decorating, so this was a huge step for me! I baked the cookies while the boys were napping, then mixed up some frosting, gave them each a bowl and let them have at it. After stripping them down of course! I was pleasantly surprised at how calm I remained through the whole process - even after the boys mixed up the frosting colors. Then decided to start dipping the cookies into the frosting and eating it. Then eating the frosting from the plastic knives. Then just started dipping their fingers into the frosting. I made sure to have a special "boys only" bag of cookies so our friends wouldn't inadvertently end up eating some questionable treats and we all had a fantastic time. I'm sure this will become one of our favorite holiday traditions!
I love that you did that! Thanks for posting the video, too. We miss your boys so much! And their hair is so short! I think that next time, they each need a jar of sprinkles, too!
That is so cute! I love the "put head?" part, and "spoon?" You just get to that point when the mess and the perfection don't matter nearly as much as letting them do it and be happy. They definitely look happy!
Kamaki and I have been married for five years and are parents of three year old twins, Michael and Thomas, and our baby girl Juliana. I work full time and Kamaki has recently become a stay at home Dad while going to school full time at night. There are quite a few adjustments for our family to make, but we look forward to getting through them together!
4 comments:
Let me get this straight - you put the frosting on the cookie and NOT on your head??? LOL so darn adorable!
I love that you did that! Thanks for posting the video, too. We miss your boys so much! And their hair is so short! I think that next time, they each need a jar of sprinkles, too!
That is so cute! I love the "put head?" part, and "spoon?" You just get to that point when the mess and the perfection don't matter nearly as much as letting them do it and be happy. They definitely look happy!
Hey Nan, this is your fav uncle! ... on your dad's side... that is fat... and is NOT a dr. YEAH, that one!
Love the vid! Your boys are too cute! Can't believe how big they're getting. How old are they now?
Post a Comment