This is the rock bubbler in our backyard, almost completely covered in ice - and it's still running. Yes, that is running water that has frozen solid. I thought that was pretty amazing, but by this afternoon, it got even worse:
So now it's completely incased in ice and the water is running underneath. Very cool to look at, but I was a little worried that it was going to damage the pump or the lines or somthing. Kamaki assured me we are actually better off letting it run because it's connected to the sprinkler system, so we are ensuring that one of the pipes doesn't burst. Since he knows what he's talking about and I don't, I guess I have to believe him.
Above all else, this makes me beyond grateful that we have a warm home this year. Bundle up everyone!


3 comments:
That is pretty cool looking. What a smart hubby you have! Sometimes you just need that, you know?
ok, That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen!!!!!
I wish i had a husband who would reassure me that pipes won't burst and disaster would not find us... Whenever I ask him if such and such will be alright, he shrugs and says, "I don't know." All he has to do is fake it!! So yey for Kamaki. :)
Post a Comment