Sunday, March 14, 2010

Biker boys

We don't typically get a lot of dry days during the month of March here in the Pacific Northwest, so when we do, we have to take advantage! Yesterday, the boys begged all day long to ride their bikes, so we finally headed out for some fun after nap time (yes, they took naps yesterday!).

We raced around the driveway:




We played bumper bikes:



We found walking sticks:




And we practiced sword fighting:




The boys' imaginations are really starting to come alive as they play and, despite all that goes along with the "Terrible Two's", I am really beginning to love this age!


4 comments:

Bethany said...

I still really have to look hard to figure out who is who, but I think it's getting easier.

I love the vests!

Miss your boys. Kiss them for me. Anonymously, of course, so they don't wipe it off. :)

teamkyte said...

So cute!!!!!

Janice said...

they are getting so big. So, are two heads better than one?:)

Bethany said...

I don't understand why you don't have helmets on those boys! Do you not want to teach them the importance of bicycle safety? If they fell off those things, there would be some serious dirt on their heads or, you know, gravel stuck to their elbows. And then you would be left to feel the guilt of putting them through that for the rest of your life. Shame on you.

OR...

Perhaps at that age, a helmet makes them a bit too top heavy and walking then becomes hazardous. So perhaps without elbow and knee pads and a face shield as well, (since they would fall flat on their faces with all that weight), you are right to skip it. At least until they are old enough to ride in places other than the driveway or are more than eight inches off the ground.

And I'm obviously really bored this morning.