Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Nana's visit


We were lucky enough (thanks to my very generous sister and her husband) to have my Mother come and stay with us for a few days. It was a short visit, but we were all thrilled to have her here. She played and played with the boys, and Juliana got some world class snuggling and lovin'. She made us dinner and did laundry and baked some truly amazing cinnamon rolls. But most of all, I loved having my Mom around again. There is something about having a brand new baby that makes you crave your own Mother's love and attention like never before. I don't know what causes that feeling, but I am so grateful that she was able to be here. I cried my eyes out when she left, but she and my Dad will be back in a few weeks. I'm keeping my sights set on that visit!





3 comments:

Bethany said...

I love, love, love all of those pictures! Mom showed them to me when we were over there on Sunday night and they are just great. I especially love the one of her pulling the boys in the wagon and the one of her at the table with the boys and the one of Juliana fake smiling. :) OKay, I love all of them.

Wish we could see you all before she gets any bigger, but the pictures are a nice second. Keep them coming!

Mandy and Lorin said...

Natalie, you have such a beautiful baby! And handsome boys! Reading your post made me miss my mom as well, but it makes you all the more grateful for your family when the visits are not as often as you'd like.
Take care of your sweet family!

Janice said...

that answers my question on your more recent blog:( love the photos of her with all the kids. she is obviously well loved by ALL!