Friday, August 20, 2010

Science Geeks

Last weekend, Kamaki was out of town and it was HOT. We needed something to do. Luckily, the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) was having a free admission weekend, and even luckier, Kamaki's sister Nani and her daughter Makana agreed to go with us - perfect! I was a little unsure if the boys were going to enjoy this trip because, while it is a hands-on museum, a lot of the exhibits are geared toward older children. Once we got inside though, I could tell it would be a huge hit. There were so many activities for the boys, they were actually squealing with delight. They played in a "space ship", built boats and launched them, worked the controls to launch bottle rockets, operated a couple of robot arms in a game of Connect Four, looked at planets and fossils, and played forever in the "Children's Playground". When they are a little older, they will be able to do even more activities - like science experiments in the physics lab. Even I'm excited about that! The boys are still talking about OMSI, the place where the dinosaur skeleton, and the boats, and the space ships live.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Great pictures!! It looks like tons of fun. Boys are getting so big and cute! And Juliana still looks different in every picture I see of her. What a doll. :)