Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Little Pumpkins




We were lucky to have another beautiful fall day last weekend to enjoy the pumpkin patch on Sauvie Island. The boys were a little stand-offish this year when it came to the hay ride, and the animal barn, and the tractors, and well - you get the picture. They finally warmed up and started having fun when we got out among the hundreds of pumpkins.







We kept trying to steer them toward the small pumpkins that they could carry, but they were having none of it.




Nothing but the biggest would do. Of course.




Juliana had a wonderful time on her first trip to the patch. She giggled and babbled away while we played around with pumpkins and pictures, and even got her own little pumpkin.



Then she got tired and cried the whole way back on the hay ride. Poor thing! And, I delegated the camera duties to Kamaki so that (wonder of wonders) I get to be in a few pictures with the kids!







Now we (meaning Kamaki) just have to carve the pumpkins and we'll be all ready for Halloween!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

We're off to get our pumpkins at Winco tonight .... Yee-haw.

I love that hat. Kellie is totally going to steal a picture of you in it for her website. :)

Yey for Sauvie Island!! I miss it.

How do you get your boys to leave hats on???

Erin said...

You guys do so many fun things! I love the hat too. And I also love that Kamaki is the one wearing the Baby Bjorn! ;)

Natalie said...

Bethany - the boys are in a "like hats" phase right now. It helps that they got to pick those out. In another few weeks they will probably scream and yank them off.
I love Kellie's hats! She can totally steal a pic for her new site.