Still catching up - so it's a little late, but Juliana is now eight months old. Her first year is flying by faster than I ever thought it could. I'm amazed and excited with the new things she is learning, and a little bit sad at how fast everything is going.
She is still a super sweetie that brings a spirit of peace to our home, but her little personality emerges more every day and I'm afraid she is becoming in truth, the little princess that we always tease her about. She is very much Daddy's Little Girl and she's learned how to give "the look" that ensures anything she wants is placed in her tiny hand. In fact, she treats us to a variety of very entertaining looks that keep us laughing constantly. She's perfected the art of the single-eyebrow-raise, but her favorite is one we have dubbed the "cheeseball".
She also got her very first tooth, and shortly after that, her second. I had no idea she was even teething. She happened to give me a big, goofy grin one day in the grocery store and I saw a flash of white. There had been no tears, no fussing, no crankiness - this is one tough girl!
Still no crawling yet, and I'm starting to think she might skip it altogether. She's become very efficient at rolling and manages to get around quicker than you'd think. She has to be fast to keep up with her brothers, and that seems to be her biggest goal right now. That, and to torture them. It's clear that she gets great satisfaction from their shrieks when they realize she is slobbering all over their toys. Atta girl!
Because she is so enamored of her brothers, she has picked up some of their special skills. Particularly, the growling.
And, because she is a girl and will most certainly be the death of Kamaki and I both, she has already started shaking her head "no" at me. Yep, we're there already. I think she's going to be keeping us on our toes for the next, oh - 18 years.


1 comment:
She is so cute! that is such a fun age
Post a Comment