Friday, March 18, 2011

Going, going, gone....

 


That's right, Juliana's first year is almost over - our baby girl is now 11 months old!

There have been several new developments, but the biggest one - she is walking!!! I was lucky enough to be home to witness her first steps and I was thrilled. Just a few minutes later, we were able to catch her on film, walking to her Daddy.



She still loves to play with her brothers, although it's accompanied by her screams of protest when she doesn't get her way a lot more often than it used to be. She is definitely starting to assert herself, but the boys are generally very good about soothing her. She loves chasing after them and trying to keep up.


 


 


Her new favorite spot is this lovely yellow tunnel. She loves to hang out in here. I watched her roll around in it the other day and after a few minutes, she just laid down inside and rested for a bit.





She has a new vocabulary which consists of "Dadda" "Momma" and "Bye-bye" and usually has her mouth wide open these days - chattering away, screaming, or singing.



 


But every now and then, we are treated to a quiet moment when we can think back on this last 11 months, be amazed at how much she's grown, and smile.


 

 

5 comments:

Matty Matt said...

I can't wait to give her kisses!! She's so adorable and I love the curls! It's awesome that she's walking. So excited to be there for her luau!

Matty Matt said...

That was Kellie

Bethany said...

Matty Matt's comment weirded me out a little until I saw that it was Kellie!

I can't believe how long her hair has gotten - and so fast, too!

Awesome timing with the video!

Janice said...

that first picture is priceless, way too cute. Can't believe it's been almost a year, and now she's walking. Watch out world...and mom and dad:)

Katie said...

I swear you just had her! Also, you need to come visit so she can teach Brooke how to walk!