
Juliana Kathleen Kamahaku was born on April 1st at 8:22 am. She weighed 8 pounds 8 ounces, and was 20 1/2 inches long. We are totally, head over heels in love with her.
The c-section went perfectly and Juliana made her presence known in the OR immediately and loudly! She has quite the set of lungs and no qualms about using them. She was doing wonderfully after getting checked out, so she and Kamaki were able to stay right next to me while the doctors finished putting me back together.

We got to bond and nurse right away in the recovery room while Kamaki made all the phone calls to announce our exciting news. It was quite a different experience from when I had the twins and I am so grateful that things went so well.
The boys got to meet their new baby sister shortly after that and they weren't quite sure what to think about her.



They excitedly prattled away to anyone that would listen about their Baby Sister "Joo-wee-nana", but they didn't want to get too close to her. At one point, she started to cry and both boys bolted in the opposite direction - I'm not sure if they were startled by her crying, or just didn't want to be blamed for it. :) They have done progressively better with her each day and I'm happy to report that tonight they each gave her a hug and a kiss good night. Michael even asked if she could sleep in his bed!
We are thrilled to be home from the hospital today and despite the chaos and new adjustments, we are loving every minute of our bigger new family.





Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers!


6 comments:
I want to hold her so bad! She is beautiful and so sweet. I wish we lived close. Love you all and congratulations!!
I see how you are totally in love! She is gorgeous and Momma, you look amazing for having major surgery! Happy new baby!
Beautifully sweet!!!! Hugs to you all, especially that adorable baby!!!
She is so adorable, and I think she looks just like you Nan! Is it Julie-anna or Julie-ahna?
ohhhh, she's so sweet! Do you need anything? Can I help in any way? Is your mom here to help? Kamaki's? You look wonderful! I never looked that good so soon:(
Congratulations! She is beautiful! Natalie, you look great too! Enjoy your family. :)
Post a Comment